Sometimes relationships can get boring if they stay on the same track, like if you continue to do the same things or talk about the same topics.
Likewise, conversation can be tough at the start of a new relationship.
So what’s the solution for both of these conversation quandaries?
Ask some thought provoking or sexy questions for couples. These are designed to make conversations interesting once again if you are an established couple and to make conversation easier if you are starting a new relationship.
When to Introduce These Questions
There are many opportune moments to introduce these questions for couples. Here are four times to use them:
1. When There’s a Lull in the Conversation
When this happens, it means you’ve both run out of things to say. The solution? Ask open-ended questions for couples, which sets the perfect opening for a conversation.
For example, if you ask your guy the standard, “How was your day,” you’re likely to get a response of, “It was fine.” Boring. And this conversation went nowhere. But if you instead ask, “What were three out-of-the-ordinary events that happened to you today,” you might hear a funny or interesting story, even if the answer didn’t contain three things.
If this is a new relationship, a standard question is always, “Where are you from?” Instead of asking that, say, “What’s the weirdest thing you remember about the place you grew up?” Now you not only get to know where he’s from, you get a good story and a conversation. Check out more get to know you questions here.
2. When You’re Bored
If you’re bored, try getting another couple in on the act – of question answering that is. Doing new things with your partner is one way to relieve boredom, and having a question/answer session with another couple might be something you’ve never done before, which makes it exciting.
You can start by asking easy questions, such as, “What would you consider to be a perfect day?” This allows you to find out what the other couple likes doing, which could spark an idea for you. And you might find out something new about your own partner. Maybe you can try this perfect day together.
You can also ask, “Who would you most want to have as a dinner guest?” The answer could be a celebrity, or the answer could be a serious one that lets everyone share their feelings. This type of conversation can bring you closer with your partner, and you could also feel closer to this other couple, which is a bonus.
3. When You Want to Spice Things Up
When you want to spice things up through conversation, there’s no better way than by asking some sexy questions for couples. Ask him which part of his body is most ticklish. Then ask him whether he prefers a French kiss or a neck kiss. When he answers, you can see if he was telling the truth! Then ask him to describe what an erection feels like for him. After all, he probably has one by now!!
4. When You Can’t Think of What to Say
You could be talking with your guy and suddenly have nothing to say. Maybe he started talking about cars or football, and you don’t know much about either. You might find yourself with nothing to say. Instead of trying to come up with something, let him know that you don’t know anything about that topic.
That could then open the discussion for him to explain what he finds significant about what he just told you. You might actually find it interesting. Or you both might decide to change the subject at this point.
When Not to Introduce These Questions
Now that you have some good topics of conversation to bring up when you need to liven things up, you also need to know when not to bring up certain questions for couples. Here are two times when you should hold back:
1. When You Are Having a Deep and Meaningful Conversation
Let’s say he wants to have a serious conversation, maybe about philosophical issues, such as gay marriage or free will. He wants to bring the conversation to a deeper level to find out whether the two of you see eye to eye. Now is not the time to bring up any preprepared couple’s questions. He’ll probably be somewhat taken aback and feel as if he can’t be serious with you if you interrupt him with one. There’s a time and a place for fun and games with questions for couples, but when he wants to have a deep discussion is not one of them.
2. When He Is Talking Seriously About Something He Is Passionate About
The same goes for when he’s talking about a hobby he really enjoys or about his political or religious views. It’s a good sign in the relationship when he wants to share his beliefs and passions with you. If you are more interested in asking unrelated questions, he’ll think you don’t care about him or what he enjoys. It would be off-putting for you to bring up rehearsed questions for couples during this type of discussion.
Reasons to Have These Questions to Use
If you’re in a long-term relationship, it’s a good idea to have some questions for couples at your disposal. At some point, the romance of a new relationship subsides, but you can still grow your intimacy. Asking each other questions is a great way to become more intimate with each other. Maybe instead of watching TV or a movie one night, you can curl up next to each other on the couch, maybe with a cocktail or a glass of wine, and ask each other some questions.
There are other benefits of having questions for couples at your disposal. Here are two reasons:
1. They Can Bring You Closer Together
By asking each other questions, you can find out about each other. Even if you’ve been in a relationship for a long time, if your days together are spent getting ready for work and dealing with the kids, you might not get the chance to find out where your heads are at. You can ask each other questions during a long drive, a walk after dinner, or after you’ve had sex.
2. They Are Great for Foreplay or for Turning Him On
Sexy questions are a great way to turn him on. Once you’re married or have been in a relationship for a while, you might think that you don’t need to ask questions anymore. But if you don’t, sex could become predictable and routine. Asking questions can spice things up. Finding out what he likes or fantasizes about can also set the stage for fun sex sessions.
Examples of Questions That You Can Try
Here are 30 questions for couples that you can try. They are a mix of questions to bring you closer intellectually and questions for turning him on.
- What do you like to do during foreplay? Foreplay tips here.
- What do I do when we have sex that you really like?
- What do you appreciate about me?
- What dreams do you have that are unfulfilled?
- What have you given up for me, and how do you feel about it?
- Is our sex life satisfying to you?
- Do you feel as if we are both contributing equally to the relationship, both financially and in how important the relationship is to both of us?
- Do you feel more connected with me now than when we first began dating?
- Do you ever get jealous if you see me talking with other men?
- Do you dream about me?
- How do you think our relationship can improve?
- What is your best memory with your mom (or dad)?
- Did you have a collection when you were a kid?
- What would you do if you had an extra $1,000?
- What is the sneakiest thing you did as a teenager?
- What is your earliest childhood memory?
- Where would your dream vacation be?
- Is it important to you to show up at family functions?
- How would you live your life if you could live forever?
- What is more important: sharing values with a partner or having interests in common? (Hint: they’re both important!)
- What do you wish to improve about yourself?
- Has anyone seen you naked on accident?
- What do you like to see me wearing?
- What was it like the first time you made love? (Make the next time better with this advice.)
- Has anyone ever walked in on you masturbating?
- Have you ever paid for sex?
- What first attracted you to me?
- How do you describe me to your friends?
- Who is the person you most admire?
- When did you know you loved me?
There is power in having questions prepared to ask your man. Whenever you feel as if there is nothing to say or that your relationship is in a rut, try out one or all of the question for couples on this list. Once you start, you’ll quickly realize that you are coming up with your very own ones.