If you’re like most people in a long-term relationship, you probably have a lot of sex in your bedroom. Sex might not be bad, but it might be pretty routine and lack that special something. If you have kids or roommates, you may have to keep to this routine whether or not it’s working for you. Or do you?
Why not consider sex in a hotel? Hotel sex can be sexually liberating and may even kick start your sex life once more! If it’s a fantasy of yours, check it off your list. You might be able to achieve some other common fantasies while you’re checked into a hotel room.
WHY YOU SHOULD HAVE HOTEL SEX
Just why do people seem to love hotel sex so much? Here are a few of the positives of a little nookie in a rented room:
- You get privacy, which may not be available when you’re at home. If you live with friends or family, it may be hard to find the right time or place to have sex. Thin walls are a downer, too, when it comes to having an active sex life, even if there’s no perfect amount of sex you should be having.
- You can use the pool or hot tub or spring for a room that has a hot tub in it, which means you can try sex in the wateror simply relax next to your lover.
- Someone else does the cleanup and makes the bed, so you can truly relax.
- For some people, it just feels naughtier to have sex somewhere else, even if there’s no particular reason. This is the same reason we recommend trying sex outside of the bedroom if you’ve never done that before! Because of this, having hotel sex can really spice up your sex lifeand potentially get you out of a rut.
- It works so well for roleplay. Perhaps you pretend to meet a stranger in the hotel bar and get a room to share with him. Even playing at this can be hot, and there are plenty of other role playing ideasthat can work well for hotel sex.
WHY DOESN’T EVERYONE HAVE SEX IN A HOTEL
There are some drawbacks to having sex in a hotel, of course.
- Cost: Good hotel rooms aren’t cheap, which means you may not get to have hotel sex as much as you’d want. Consider if skimping is worth it. Cheaper hotels may be less safe or sanitary, and they certainly lack amenities. If you can rent an hourly hotel, it can save you money, but those don’t exist everywhere.
- Bed Bugs: Unfortunately, these little creatures have become quite the scare, especially in hotels in larger cities. If one gets on you and travels home, you could be infection your entire house!
- Getting away: So you’ve got the cash and you know the hotel is highly rated, but how do you escape without your family or roommates getting curious? Doing something so out of the ordinary can rouse suspicion. Although, you might be able to get away with it if you’re planning a vacation or frequently travel for work.
TIPS FOR AWESOME HOTEL SEX
You know the cons of hotel sex, but you still want to try it? Awesome! Here are some tips to ensure you and your man have a good time, especially if you want to make sex in a hotel into a frequent thing.
- BE COURTEOUS TO THE STAFF
Sure, it might be someone else’s job to clean up your mess, but don’t leave an extra mess for them. Make sure to clean up any lube that spills and toss the condoms in the trash can – not the toilet! Leave a generous tip, too. Not only does this put you in the staff’s good graces, but it frequents you from losing a deposit or even being banned. Furthermore, put up that Do Not Disturb sign so that no one walks in on you!
- DON’T FORGET THAT YOU’RE SURROUNDED BY OTHER GUESTS
…many of whom might be there with family. So try to keep noise to a minimum. Why not try a ball gag if you’re into bondage? You might also pay attention to when people leave. Many people leave their hotel room in the morning and return at night only to sleep, so you may actually have more privacy during the waking hours!
- PACK APPROPRIATELY
Since you won’t be at home, you’ll need to bring everything with you. What does that include?
- Sex toys
- Birth control
You might not need everything on this list for your foray into hotel sex, but make sure you don’t forget anything! Nothing’s more of a downer than being ready to go and realizing you’ve forgotten condoms, especially if you have a latex allergy and the local gas station only carries that kind. You definitely don’t want to take a risk like that with your sex life. If hotel sex is part of a vacation for you, then you’ll want to pack all those goodies just like you would that extra pair of socks!
Just remember to pack everything back up with you. You don’t want some poor staff member to discover your dildo or to have to call the front desk when you realize you’ve left an expensive vibrator behind.
- RENT BY THE HOUR
Consider a hotel where you can rent by the hour, especially if you don’t intend to stay the whole night, anyway. For some people, it might be nice to enjoy the pool or continental breakfast, but if this is all about sex for you, there’s no reason to spend more time or money than you wish. Of course, this isn’t what you’re looking for when you have sex on vacation, but if you’re just sneaking out for a night with your man, it can save some cash!
- ARRIVE SEPARATELY
If you really want to make your night or weekend of hotel sex memorable, don’t just hop in the car with your man. Show up separately. It makes things extra thrilling! Perhaps you’ll be waiting in the room in your finest lingerie when he shows up, or he’ll have planned a romantic evening. There’s just something about not coming home to your same bed in your same bedroom that’s exciting! That’s not the only reason you should take different cars, either.
We already mentioned how you can meet up with your man in the hotel bar and pretend to be strangers. Dress to the nines and remind your man how lucky he is to have you. This gives you the chance to flirt like you’re not dating or married, which might just send a shiver of thrill down your spine. Then, one of you can invite the other back to your room or, if you know it’ll work out, you can “spontaneously” decide to rent a hotel room and go at it like rabbits.
- GET A COUPLE’S PACKAGE
If you’re checking into a nicer hotel, see if you can get a couple’s package for your suite. These typically include champagne and services such as a couple’s massage. They’re readily available on Valentine’s Day, but you might also be able to schedule one for your anniversary or just because!
Of course, you can always show up together after a delicious meal or show. Make hotel sex part of your date night. We’re confident your man won’t mind, even if you only get to have sex on vacation in a hotel once or twice a year.