Sometimes a sad love quote can sum up exactly how you’re feeling. These quotes can help you feel better when you just broke up with your guy, when he’s gone away for a while, after you’ve had a fight, and even after he’s passed away. Some of these instances are tougher to get over than others are, but just know that you aren’t alone. Besides reading these sad love quotes, find a support system that can help you out.
Here are some circumstances when hearing a sad love quote can be really helpful:
When You’re Far Away from Your Boo
If your boo has to go away for an extended period, such as when he’s about to be deployed, it’s tough to maintain your life while he’s gone. There are ways to help you cope, however, such as discussing how you’ll communicate during the time he’s away, making plans with family members, and joining a local support group. Besides feeling sad and depressed, you might also feel angry and confused. These are all normal feelings that you have a right to experience.
When You’ve Had a Big Fight
It’s normal for couples to fight, but that doesn’t mean you’ll feel good after having had one. It might take some time before the two of you can feel like yourselves again and get the relationship back on track. If you fight all the time, it’s time to reevaluate your relationship. But if you’re in an otherwise healthy relationship and just had a fight, you can bounce back from it. Both of you probably need a little space, and when you’re ready, be kind and affectionate to each other, and then you can talk it through.
When Someone You Love Passes Away
When your loved one passes away, it will be extremely painful for you. You’ll probably feel as if the sadness will never go away. You’ll need to grieve in your own way, and there is no right or wrong way to do this. But there are healthy ways. You’ll likely go through the five grief stages: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. When you are feeling sadness and depression, it might help to read some sad love quotes to help your healing process.
When Your Man Doesn’t Reciprocate Your Feelings
When you realize that he’s just not into you, you’ll probably feel sad. But it’s better to realize it and to go through the pain than to ignore the signs and pretend everything is OK. You’ll just be prolonging the inevitable if you do that. Here are some signs that let you know he doesn’t reciprocate your feelings:
- He’s constantly bringing up his ex, which means he still has feelings for her.
- He comes right out and says he’s not ready to be in a relationship, which means that you aren’t going to change his mind no matter how great a catch you show him that you are.
- He never asks you out on a date; Skyping or texting with him doesn’t mean you’re in a relationship.
- He won’t let you see his phone … ever, which could mean that he’s hiding something (but you shouldn’t want to see his phone all the time, either).
When He Breaks Up with You
You’ll probably be an emotional wreck if your guy breaks up with you. It’s possible that you won’t want to eat, can’t sleep well, and think about him constantly. It’s perfectly normal to go through a lot of emotions, and reading some sad love quotes can help. They’re good for the times when you just don’t want to go out with your friends to meet someone new. Eventually, you will want to do that again, but give yourself some time.
Make it easier by following our advice for broken hearts.
When You Realize You Weren’t Meant to Be Together Forever
You might be the one to call off the relationship, and even if you are, you will probably still feel some sadness. Maybe you decided he wasn’t the one because he wasn’t on your team, so to speak. Maybe he judged you or put you down. You want to be with a guy who builds you up and wants you to feel happy and loved. If the guy you’re seeing doesn’t do that, you might want to break up with him, and you’ll probably feel sad that it didn’t work out.
We’ve got more advice to break up with a guy in this post.
Here are seven powerful but sad love quotes that should help you work through your sadness:
1. “When you’re around someone so much, for so long, they become a part of you. And when they change or go away, you don’t know who you are without them.” — Unknown
It’s natural to feel lost without your partner. You identified yourself as part of a couple, and it’s sad and overwhelming to feel as if you’re alone in the world. Take this time to get to know yourself and to grow from the experience.
2. “I am taking this in, slowly, taking it into my body. This grief. How slow the body is to realize you are never coming back.” —Donna Masini
This quote helps you be in the moment, which is important to do to have closure so that you can move on. It’s difficult to do, and many people avoid taking in the grief. Give yourself permission to experience the feelings you have.
3. “A flower knows, when its butterfly will return, and if the moon walks out, the sky will understand; but now it hurts, to watch you leave so soon, when I don’t know, if you will ever come back.” — Sanober Khan
This sad quote can apply when your partner says he wants his space or even when he is being deployed with the military. Watching your man leave, for whatever reason, is scary and sad, and this quote taps into those emotions.
4. “There is a distinct, awful pain that comes with loving someone more than they love you.” — Steve Maraboli
This sad love quote helps when you realize he didn’t reciprocate your feelings. As we said earlier, it is truly sad to go through this. But also know that you wouldn’t be true to yourself if you allowed yourself to continue with a one-sided relationship.
5. “Some people are going to leave, but that’s not the end of your story. That’s the end of their part in your story.” — Faraaz Kazi
This sad love quote is uplifting. It helps you realize that having your partner leave does not mean that you’re life is over. You can create a new life.
6. “Rather than crying and craving for those who left our path during dark moments of our life, lets spend some time to thank them who stood and helped us to pass those dark paths.” — Nehali Lalwani
Although it’s normal to be sad, at some point you’ll want to move on. This sad love quote helps you do that by helping you remember the people who are still there for you, friends or family members, who can help and who have helped you get over your loss. Listening to music can help, too. Try one of these songs.
7. “Because you can never go from going out to being friends, just like that. It’s a lie. It’s just something that people say they’ll do to take the permanence out of a break up.” — Sarah Dessen
This sad love quote helps people be real with themselves. It’s common to think that he’ll still be in your life … as a friend. But deep down, you know that probably won’t happen. Or if it will happen, it won’t be now when you feel as if you need him the most. This quote acts as a wakeup call.
Reading sad loves quotes can be a powerful way to start the healing process when you’re feeling sad about your man, just like reading love quotes can inspire you. While you don’t want to stay in a sad state forever, it can be beneficial to experience your sadness.