The Bent Spoon sex position is a combination of Spooning and other positions. It’s not the most popular sex position, but it can be great if you are looking to do something different and change things up in the bedroom with your guy. You can keep switching it up further by trying out over 100 different positions that you’ll find in our Sex Positions Guide here.
To perform it, your man needs to lie on his back. You then need to lie on top of him on your back so that you are both facing in the same direction. Then allow your man to enter you. Next, spread your arms outwards to keep yourself steady while getting your man to spread his legs to keep himself balanced. When you are both steady, you need to bring your knees up towards your chest and rest your feet on the tops of his knees for extra support.
WHAT THE GIRL DOES IN THE BENT SPOON POSITION
When you are doing the Bent Spoon with your man, you will be spending most of your time keeping yourself steady with your arms and keeping your legs close to your chest. The more you pull your legs into your chest, the shallower the penetration will be. You might prefer this if your partner is well endowed. Experiment with how close to hold them until your find a spot that gives you the best sensations. If you can arch your back while performing the Bent Spoon, then your man will be able to more deeply penetrate you.
If you can keep yourself steady with one hand, then you can use your other to rub your clit and around your vagina.
WHAT THE GUY DOES IN THE BENT SPOON POSITION
When performing the Bent Spoon, your man should bend his knees and plant his feet on the bed to help him to balance, but also to more easily thrust into you. Your man can also hold you in place by wrapping his arms around you, which leaves your arms free to pull your legs close to your stomach and chest. He is also in the perfect position for massaging your breasts.
Your man will slip out very easily if he tries to take long strokes. This means that he should try taking short and fast strokes instead.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN PERFORMING THE BENT SPOON POSITION
Having talked to many students who have tried the Bent Spoon position with their man, they have given some helpful feedback:
- For some couples, there is so little penetration that it’s an almost absurd position for both, either because your man will keep slipping out, or you just won’t feel much from it.
- Many of those who tried the Bent Spoon position while having anal sex preferred it to vaginal sex.
- Although you are on top of your man in the Bent Spoon, he can still take on a dominant role by putting his hand on your neck or by grabbing your hair and pulling it lightly
- If you are bigger than your man, he may find it quite difficult and uncomfortable with you on top of him.
- Spooning – Works better if you’re worried about squishing your man.
- Teaspooning – You remain pressed to his chest, but you’re both kneeling.
- Rear Entry – Your bodies are aligned much the same, but you’re on your stomach.
- Acrobat – Take some of the weight off your man and put it on your knees.
Don’t forget to try more positions from our section on positions where you’re on your back here.
SEAN’S THOUGHTS ON THE BENT SPOON SEX POSITION
I find that the Bent Spoon position is great for girls that like a lot of G-Spot stimulation as opposed to very deep penetration. Personally, though, I haven’t ever gotten that much enjoyment out of the Bent Spoon.