The X Marks The Spot sex position is just a variation of the regular Missionary position. It’s great to try out if you find that you are getting bored of Missionary and want something similar but different. You’ll find even more variety (over 100 different positions) in our Sex Positions Guide.
To perform this sex position, you need to lay on your back while your man is on top. The X Marks The Spot position get’s the ‘X’ part from the fact that your bodies will form an X when viewed from above. If you are lying on your back your head at the top of the bed where the pillows usually are, your man will be lying across the bed, with his head by one side of the bed and his feet by the other side of the bed.
WHAT THE GIRL DOES IN THE X MARKS THE SPOT POSITION
When in the X Marks The Spot position, you will initially find it to be a little challenging and even awkward. But that should change after a few minutes. You’ll find that you can thrust back against your man just as you would when performing regular Missionary. When thrusting back against your man, you won’t get as much clitoral stimulation as normal, so feel free to use your hands to provide a little extra fun to help you orgasm. Or even consider using a vibrator.
You can also hold onto your man’s leg/butt and pull him down and into you with each thrust for stronger penetration. Or you can play with your breasts if you like nipple stimulation.
WHAT THE GUY DOES IN THE X MARKS THE SPOT POSITION
Your man has an easy job in the X Marks The Spot position. All he needs to do is just thrust in and out. That’s it.
If he likes, he can perform a slight variation where he holds onto your arm with his arm closest to you so that he can pull himself into you with each thrust. Doing this can also change the angle of entry slightly.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN PERFORMING THE X MARKS THE SPOT POSITION
I have to talked to quite a few students of the Bad Girls Bible about the X Marks The Spot position. Some like it; some don’t. Here is the feedback they have given me on it.
- It’s easy to switch from regular Missionary to the X Marks The Spot position and back again if you want to try it out.
- Anal sex is almost impossible in the X Marks The Spot position.
- Many found that the X Marks The Spot position lacks intimacy because there isn’t much body contact.
- It might not be the best position for G-spot stimulationbecause of the angle. Similarly, your man’s body might block access to your clit.
- Cross– Your man’s body crosses yours while you’re lying on your stomach.
- Coital Alignment Technique– This position promises plenty of clitoral stimulation. More on that here.
- Reverse Missionary– Twisting your bodies even more so that you’re at an 180-degree angle makes things interesting.
Check out more awesome sex positions where you lie on your back.
SEAN’S THOUGHTS ON THE X MARKS THE SPOT SEX POSITIONI wouldn’t consider the X Marks The Spot position to be that good. It’s not really that intimate for couples as you are both hardly touching each others bodies. Your heads are also very far apart which means that it’s really difficult to kiss each other too. So I would file the X Marks The Spot position under, ‘Something New & Fun to Try’ but not under ‘Really Intimate’.